Terms & Conditions
The terms and conditions set out below are those applicable to sales of saunas, hot tubs, equipment and materials by Ukko Saunas (Ukko) to its distributors and customers unless specifically altered and agreed to in writing.
- Contract of Sale: Except where expressed in writing, tax invoice issued by Ukko constitutes an acceptance of the order and creates a contract of sale between the customer and Ukko which is subject to the following terms and conditions unless expressly excluded;
- Cancellation: Ukko manufectures all saunas and tubs to order. Once order is placed and deposit is paid, it cannot be canselled. It is customer's responsibility to check local Council regulations and obtain all necessary approvals (if required by local regulations). Customer MUST ensure that he/she has done research and consulted appropriate authorities prior to placing order. In no case Ukko shall be liable for customer's financial loss due to local Council, strata body corporation or any other governing authority disapproval to install hot tub or sauna in his/her property.
- Delivery: Modular and pre-made saunas and tubs take 4-6 weeks to manufacture. Depending on the delivery area it may take up to 2 weeks for delivery. Goods supplied by Ukko will be dispatched in a timely manner (discussed prior with the customer) and subject to normal road freight. Where goods are ordered and urgent delivery is requested, such freight costs will be billed to the customer. Ukko cannot guarantee delivery on or by a specific date, however, all reasonable steps will be taken to meet the customer’s request;
- Payments: 50% deposit is required on all saunas, tubs and materials orders with the balance payable once goods are ready prior to delivery. Orders for equipment and accessories only, require full payment. If item ordered is not in stock then 50% deposit is payable on order with the balance due once item arrives to Ukko's factory. Ukko does not dispatch goods until after full payment is received and funds are cleared in Ukko's nominated bank account. Ownership of goods will not pass to the customer until full and final payment has been received. All saunas and tubs manufactured are factory test fitted before delivery. Customers can come and visit Ukko's factory for inspection;
- Payment Options: Ukko accepts all major credit card payments e.g. VISA/Mastercard over the phone (AMEX is subject to 3.5% surcharge) and EFT payments in to Ukko's nominated account number. Ukko does not accepts cheques payments and payments on delivery. However, customer can choose to deposit cheque (if she/he wish to do so) in to Ukko's nominated account number. It is customer's responsibility to ensure that all funds are cleared by the time they want goods dispatched. Ukko will not dispatch goods or provide service until full payment is received and cleared.
- No Interest Ever Option: Ukko does not provide any discounts on this payment option (unless otherwise advertized as a special or promotion). Depending on item and length of the agreement 40-50% deposit is required on order with the balance placed on "No Interest Ever" option. This payment option is provided to Ukko by Certegy Australia. Approval must be received prior to paying deposit. When approval is granted and deposit is paid, goods will be dispatched as soon as they are ready for delivery.
- Services: Sometimes Ukko offers installation services for saunas and tubs. Installation service include only assembly of the ordered item. Ukko does not provide any building, construction or alteration services which may require appropriate licensing. Installation services does not include electrical, wood fired or gas connection/mounting services and wiring. This must be done by certified professional(s).
Customer shall in a timely manner provide:
a) full and safe access to its premises;
b) conduct reviews and approvals from local counsil.
If 2 people cannot safely access and deliver sauna or hot tub parts in to their final place, then it is customer's responsibility to hire professional services to ensure that the goods are in place for final installation.
When Ukko quotes for delivery and installation, it does not mean that Ukko is responsible for delivering sauna or tub to its final place. It is at Ukko's descretion to determine whether the access is resonable and safe. If unsure please contact us.
if there's no safe and resonable access to the final position, Ukko will only deliver goods to the provided address and it is customer's responsibility to get the goods in to their final position.
Ukko shall not be hold responsible or liable to any potential damage to the goods or property in the case there's no safe access (for 2 people) to bring sauna or tub parts to their final destination.
- Claims: It is customer's responsibility to check all items according to supplied packing list, sign delivery docket and return it to Ukko within 7 (seven) days from delivery. Customer's product warranty will be voided if this document is not received by Ukko within 7 (seven) days of delivery. Delivery receipt can be mailed, emailed or faxed to Ukko. Ukko will not accept claims of missing items after 7 (seven) days from delivery;
- Goods and Services Tax: GST is included, where applicable, in all prices and costs quoted by Ukko.
If your goods arrived faulty, Ukko Saunas & Tubs™ is happy to exchange them or give you a credit on your customer account, providing that the product is returned to us in its original condition and packing.
Defective items must be returned to Ukko Saunas within (7) seven days of the purchase date to be eligible for replacement. Items will be replaced with the same item originally purchased. For items that cannot be replaced, a full refund will be offered.
How to return your item
Contact Ukko Saunas & Tubs™ Customer Service team on (02) 9623 5800. A customer service representative will evaluate your return request, record all the necessary product return information and issue you with a Return Authorisation Number (RAN). The Customer Service Representative will also provide you address details of where to send your return. You must obtain RAN immediately to ensure that you are eligible for a replacement or refund. Send your item to the return address provided. Please ensure that your RAN is clearly displayed on the return packaging. As soon as the return has been received, a replacement product will be shipped.
Return to base warranty
All Ukko Saunas & Tubs products are covered under "Return to base" warranty where the sender is responsible for the cost of delivery to Ukko Saunas. Ukko Saunas will cover the cost of delivery back to sender. Important: The return must be received by Ukko Saunas and Tubs™ within (7) seven days of the RAN being issued. Replacement product will only be shipped after the faulty item has been received by us. All returns must have an RAN. Any item that is returned to Ukko Saunas without an RAN will be returned to sender.
If you feel that your return falls outside of our policy, then you will need to contact us first on 02 9623 5800 to confirm if your return can be accepted.